Traditional Tai Chi Classes in St Albans, Hertfordshire
Traditional Chen Style Tai Chi Classes are held weekly on Monday evenings from 7.15 pm to 8.45 pm.
At: Trinity United Reformed Church, 1 Beaconsfield Road, St Albans, AL1 3RD - we're 2 minutes from St Albans Station so easily accessible from Harpenden, Radlett, and Elstree & Borehamwood.
We meet in the Main Hall, which is a wonderful space for Tai Chi. Please enter through the main entrance, and press the 'Hall' button on the intercom immediately to the right, as there are several meeting rooms/halls in this beautiful old building.
We are a small friendly mixed-ability group practising Chen Style Tai Chi, and we welcome new members of any level!
Try a class without obligation!
- Beginners: £8, from 7.15 pm to 8.15 pm
- All Levels: £12, from 7.15 pm to 8.45 pm
To find out more or visit us:
Please Contact: email@example.com or on 07763 550589
A Typical Class...
- Typically we start with a set of Warm-Up exercises
- Then 'Standing Practice' (Zhan Zhuang) - a powerful internal practice where a static Qigong posture is held for a period of time, as a meditation and stillness exercise, focusing on relaxation, softening the body, lowering the heart rate and slowing the breath.
- This may be followed by 'Silk Reeling' and then detailed practice of a small part of one of the Chen style forms (forms are sets of movements)
This first hour is well-suited for people of any level to develop the key elements needed for Tai Chi and provides a routine that all can practise between classes.
In the remaining half hour we practise one of the Chen-style forms including the Sword and Spear forms.